Tax Accountant Miami
Taxpayers of all types can benefit from hiring a Tax Accountant Miami. But before you spend your hard-earned cash, here’s some simple steps you can take to protect yourself, to find the right professional for your situation, and some questions to ask.
Understand Why You Need a Tax Accountant
You should take some time to focus on exactly what you need your Tax Accountant Miami to do. Here are some common situations:
- Preparing your own taxes is time-consuming, stressful, or confusing.
- You want to make sure your tax returns are accurate.
- Your tax situation is pretty complex, and you need specialized advice and tips.
- You would like to pay as little taxes as possible, and need detailed planning and advice.
- You are facing a tax problem, such as filing back taxes, paying off a tax debt, or fighting an IRS audit.
- You run a business, invest in the stock market, own rental property, or live outside the United States.
- Finding Tax Accountant Miami
- You should find an experienced tax accountant who specializes in the areas you need help with. Here are my tips for finding the right professional who has the specialized tax expertise you need:
- Referrals are your best bet. Ask everyone you can think of: family, friends, business owners, financial advisors and attorneys. It will help to ask someone who has a similar tax situation to yours.
- Be wary of an Tax Accountant Miami who promises you big refunds or that says you can deduct everything. You, not the accountant, are ultimately responsible for the information on your tax return.
- Do not be afraid to shop around or to change Tax Accountant Miami if you are not comfortable.
- Retail tax franchises such as H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, and Liberty Tax Service offer competent tax service for individuals who need to file relatively straight-forward tax returns. Some tax preparers will be more experienced than others, and you can sometimes find CPAs and Enrolled Agents working in these offices. Prices are often determined by how many tax forms need to be filled out. Here’s a tip: ask if you can meet with a CPA, enrolled agent, or senior tax preparer. You’ll pay the same, but you’ll get to speak with a seasoned professional.
- Local, independent Tax Accountant Miami often specialize in the tax needs of individuals and small businesses in their neighborhood. Again, some independent tax accountants will be more experienced than others. Ask if the firm has the expertise to handle your taxes.
- Enrolled Agents (EAs) are tax professionals who have passed a rigorous test and background check administered by the IRS. Enrolled agents often specialize and are best for complex tax situations.
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) are accountants who have passed the rigorous CPA Exam and are licensed by the state they work in. CPAs will specialize in a specific area, such as audits, tax, or business consulting. CPAs are best at complex accounting work, and not all CPAs handle tax issues.
The tax industry is constantly changing and tax professionals are subject to various federal and state regulations. Here are some questions you can ask to help ensure you find an experienced, trustworthy Tax Accountant Miami:
- What licenses or designations do you have?
- How long have you been in the tax business?
- What tax issues do you specialize in?
- Do you have the knowledge and experience to handle my tax situation?
- What are your fees?
- Do you outsource any of your work? Do you perform the work personally? If not, what is the review process? Who signs the returns?
- How long, approximately, will it take to finish my taxes?
- Do you believe I’m paying too much, too little, or just the right amount of tax?