Childcare Credit

Childcare Credit, Other Credits

Top Frequently Asked Questions for Childcare Credit, Other Credits

  1. How do I complete Form 2441 if I have a dependent care flexible spending account?
  2. My babysitter refused to provide me with her social security number. Can I still claim the amount I paid to the babysitter for child care while I worked? If so, how do I claim these child care expenses on my tax return?
  3. Can I claim both the child tax credit and the child and dependent care credit?
  4. Can I claim the credit for the elderly or the permanently and totally disabled?
  5. What expenses qualify for an education credit?
  6. Do tuition and related expenses paid to attend a private high school qualify for an education credit?
  7. If I pay college tuition and fees with a tax-free scholarship, can I claim an education credit on Form 8863 for those payments?
  8. Who can claim the Hope Credit or the American Opportunity Credit?
  9. What is a Lifetime Learning Credit?
  10. What is the Health Coverage Tax Credit and how can I learn more about it?


Gustavo A Viera is the managing partner of Gustavo A Viera, PA. His experience spans more than 25 years. He started his career in public accounting at PriceWaterHouseCoopers where reached the level senior audit manager. His Fortune 500 experience includes positions as CFO - Latin America Region for both Hewlett Packard and Telefonica of Spain. Gustavo also writes a blog twice a week that addresses trending accounting and tax issues. He is an SBA Advisor and teaches workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs. His office is located at One Alhambra Plaza Floor PH Coral Gables FL 33134, and is admitted to practice in the State of Florida as a licensed Certified Public Accountant. Gus welcomes questions and he can be reached at 786-250-4450.